Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 Hints
This article is a stub. Feel free to contribute.
These official tips appear during loading screens.
- Cut corners in the windy sections of track to drive the fastest line.
- Don't hit the smoking barrels dropped by the helicopter or they'll explode and send you flying.
- Different directions of a track offer a completely different experience. Try all 4 variations.
- Drive unlocked tracks in Free Run to find all of the shortcuts to help you in more difficult events.
- Earn medals in the Hot Pursuit or Championship event trees to earn bonus NFS points.
- Hone your driving skills in single player modes, then try some human competition over the internet.
- If you want to quickly get back into the race after wiping out, reset your car to get back into the center of the road.
- In Be the Cop mode, if you hit a speeder hard enough, you can bust him with one hit.
- In Be the Cop mode, learn the track to find the best places to use your available backup.
- In Be the Cop mode, the look back camera is a great way to quickly find a speeder you've passed.
- In multiplayer games, sometimes it's better to observe for a race or two to check out the competition before jumping in.
- Not all alternate paths are shortcuts, but they can be useful in trying to lose the cops.
- Save your NFS points to buy the cars and tracks that appeal to you most.
- The fastest car isn't always the best. Pick a car that has handling to suit the track you're racing.
- The harder the difficulty setting, the more NFS points are earned in a race.
- Try to run the cops into oncoming traffic to get away.
- Try to spin out aggressive cops by slamming into their back side panels.
- Use the hand brake to throw the back end of your car around a tight turn.
- Using a manual transmission is more difficult, but can yield better results if done properly.
- Working your way through the event trees is a great way to try out locked cars and tracks.
- Driving manual, pay attention to your road speed when timing shifts, rather than engine speed. Most cars keep accelerating in most gears even after the tachometer is full scale.
- You can cut corners in some parts of the tracks, as grass, dirt etc doesn't affect the car's speed. It is slightly slipperier though, so watch out.
Many actions and achievements in the game nett the player NFS Points. This is a growing list of those actions and the point values they carry.
Staggered point values are for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced difficulty levels.
- 1st place: 1,000 / 1,500 / 2,000
- 2nd Place: ??? / 1,000 / ???
- Lead lap: 50 / 75 / 100
- Getaway: 100 / 250 / 600
- Clean section: ???
- Clean lap: ???
- Clean race: ???
- Shortcut: ???
- Top Speed: ???